Is the Personal license right for your project?
In this article, we have laid out the Terms of Sales of the Personal license and give you some concrete project examples to help you understand the Personal license.
A Personal license grants you the following rights
The Personal license is only available for private individuals
- The Personal license is only valid for private individuals of 18 years or older.
- The Personal license can NOT be purchased by any private or public legal entity (e.g. company, business, organization, NGO, institutions).
Modify or adapt the track to synchronize it with the below-mentioned projects
- You can cut the track, use loops of it and change its volume (fade-in; fade-out).
- You can NOT modify the work itself (e.g. remix the track, add lyrics to the track).
Synchronize the track with a personal website or personal blog
- The synchronization with a website only allows a background (passive) listening experience for visitors to the website.
- The Personal license only allows synchronization with personal websites and blogs.
- For the synchronization with professional and commercial websites, the Standard license is required.
Synchronize one track with one personal video or audio content to be broadcast online
- One Personal license allows you to synchronize one track with one video, audio or audiovisual content (e.g. family video, podcast) created by you and on your own behalf.
- Broadcast the project online, including video platforms and social media (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo, podcasts).
- The Personal license allows you to monetize the project if the project does NOT include any promotion or endorsement to the brand, the products or the services of a third-party, for which you get paid or receive some commercial benefit (e.g. sponsorship, paid product placement, ads, affiliation).